It is interesting how much people affect me. Like yesterday when I kept thinking in a Chinese accent, or today when I was depressed after seeing a post on Facebook. Listening to a song can make me feel like crap, or it can make me have hope in better things. Hanging out with my family for a few hours can lighten my mood significantly.
I am thinking of how important it is to control the things I come into contact with because they will affect the way I feel. It would be good for me to not look at Facebook anymore for one thing, to skip any music on my iPod that brings me down. My mind is like a web and one thing is connected to another. Words are connected to feelings. I must do better at putting myself in places that build me up. It has been too easy to put myself down lately without any help.
If I think about yesterday, it was my birthday and I had a great time. My friends and family were very kind and generous. I received many wonderful gifts that made me feel important. Most of all those who sacrificed some time to be with me made me feel important. I am glad that I do have people who care about me, and I care about them too. I may not have everything, but the things I do have I would not ever want to be without.
It is so true that we need to constantly monitor the things we surround ourselves with. It is so easy to become depressed, especially when the weather sucks.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you had a good birthday! Love you sis!!!